Aloo Sukha ( Dry Potato Curry)
Aloo Sukha or Dry Aloo is a simple and quick recipe. It is a dry potato recipe and it tastes well with all Indian breads.
- 1 Kg potatoes cut in cubes.
- ½ T-spoon Cumin seeds.
- 1 T-spoon turmeric powder.
- ½ T-spoon chilli powder.
- 1+ ½ T-spoon coriander powder.
- ½ T-spoon cumin powder.
- 1 green chilli chopped.
- 2 T-spoon of cooking oil.
- Salt to taste + pinch of sugar.
- Pinch of mango powder.
- Fresh coriander leaves.
- Boil the potato cubes in a pan until cooked through.
- Heat oil in another pan, add cumin seeds and after a few seconds add chopped green chillies.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and sugar an mix for a few seconds.
- Strain the potatoes from the boiling water and add to the pan. Mix the potatoes well with the ingredients.
- Now add a pinch of mango powder and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Serve with hot rotis, naans or parathas.